Hosted by Anndrea Hermann
April 29, 2014 6-7pmPST Listen here
Guest #2: Robert Rae, Canada Hemp Foods, Co-Founder
iHempRadio supports Hemp History Week!
iHempRadio is offering HempCases! These are hemp composite brief cases with shoulder strap, latches,inside pouch and computer strap! Preorder form is now open. Place your preorder here!
Guest #1: Matthew Mead, Hempitecture LLC, Idaho, Founder and CEO
Matthew Mead- Hempitecture LLC.
Hempitecture is a building material Innovation and Design company. We are seeking seed-stage capital to develop Hempitecture’s innovative earth based building material concept while simultaneously engaging in design projects for clients who seek a creative and refreshing reconsideration of architecture: building for human health and energy efficiency. We achieve these design goals by harnessing the power of nature to minimize the carbon footprint of a given structure. Ultimately, we intend to both continue the research and development of hemp building innovations for the American Green Building Market. These materials will be integrated into the construction process through the design arm of Hempitecture, creating a hollistic and integrated design approach.
Hempitecture is a design-based startup focused on building with natures most rapidly renewable resource, Industrial Hemp. The Hempitecture approach incorporates passive, sustainable design strategies with insulating hempcrete. Ultimately, Hempitecture intends to operate as a design studio for hemp projects while also focusing on innovating hemp building materials for the US market.
Hempitecture engages in design projects for clients who seek a creative and refreshing reconsideration of architecture: building for human health and energy efficiency. We achieve these design goals by harnessing the power of nature to minimize the carbon footprint of a given structure. Meet the team here
HWS The Pitch Entrepreneurial Competition: Finalist
New York State Business Plan Competition – Finger Lakes: Winner
New York State Business Plan Competition – Statewide: Finalist
Global Student Entrepreneurs Award: Regional Finalist
The Hempitecture team saying thanks to G. Washington!
Guest #2: Robert Rae, Canada Hemp Foods, Co-Founder
Canada Hemp Foods was founded in 2006 by Robert Rae and Wally Venechuk and is located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada. As a business that basically started out as “two guys in a garage,” the company has grown to offer nine popular hemp food products that are available in more than 200 stores across Canada and the US, as well as Amazon, Walgreens.com and our online store. Both men had added hemp to their diet on the recommendation of friends in order to clear up some frustrating chronic health conditions – and within weeks their ailments had cleared up, they were losing weight, and had more energy than they’d had in years! Robert and Wally became so convinced of the invaluable health benefits of this nutritious plant, they decided to start a business so they could share it with others. And Canada Hemp Foods was born!
CHF Line of Fine Hemp Products
News from Vote Hemp and Hemp Industries Association
- Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance annual meeting registration is open!!! Register here!
- Hemp History Week! Get out and make a hemp difference!
- Reporting Industrial Hemp Acreage | U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency http://bit.ly/1rlv0XP
- Gov. to sign industrial hemp bill | KITV Honolulu http://bit.ly/1hLf0XZ “Gov. Neil Abercrombie is scheduled to sign SB2175 into law on Wednesday. The bill authorizes the University of Hawaii at Manoa to establish a two-year industrial hemp remediation and biofuel research program.”
- Need a new pair of hemp Vans? Clotheshorse has the latest on both high- and low-tops! http://bit.ly/S2ND71
- NY Bill Would Legalize Hemp Growth for Research | WGRZ – Channel 2, Buffalo http://on.wgrz.com/RXILA4
- Saving Iowa’s soil – Scientists: Much damage done | Farm-News http://bit.ly/PGW9q6 “The fourth step is add industrial hemp to farm rotations. “It’s an important food and fiber source,” Watson said, “second only to soybeans in protein. “America is the only country that bans growing hemp, but we are the world’s biggest importer of hemp.”"
Hemp for health – Legal hemp products are pushing into the mainstream | The Prague Post http://bit.ly/1mNVemz
- There’s a reason why Alberta is Canada’s hemp leader | Alberta Farmer Express http://bit.ly/1mJTsCV
- Hemp Oil Woodstain | Global Hemp http://bit.ly/1jVAq7w
- Hemp: The Next Billion-Dollar Cash Crop? | Earth Island Journal | Earth Island Institute http://bit.ly/1faqBoK
- Expanded hemp production passes easily in Colorado Senate | Associated Press | The Cannabist http://bit.ly/1jOVWul
- Three Must-Have Seeds for Your Menu | Jane Dummer | The Huffington Post Canada http://huff.to/1jQ83HQ
- Assemblywoman Lupardo on Hemp Research | FOX 40 News WICZ-TV http://bit.ly/1igmhVt
- High Hopes for Hemp on Maui | Maui Weekly http://bit.ly/1hfjxpJ
- Indiana has passed a hemp farming law. NUVO did a nice write write up on the subject. The screen shot below is page 13. Check it out in their digital edition at: http://bit.ly/Qe4OBk
- Missouri Hemp Network announces 2014 Earth Day in Columbia | The St. Louis Post-Dispatch & STLtoday.com http://bit.ly/1hlmwsg