Lauren is a key team member at Movement Media as a Linguist, Communications Manager. She helps in developing messaging and media strategy with Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps, Vote Hemp, Fair World Project, Hemp Industries Association, and other radical causes.
Vote Hemp is a national, single-issue, non-profit advocacy group founded in 2000 by members of the hemp industry to remove barriers to industrial hemp farming in the U.S. through education, legislation and advocacy. We work to build grassroots support for hemp through voter education, registration and mobilization, as well as defend against any new laws, regulations or policies that would prohibit or restrict hemp trade. Industrial hemp is the non-psychoactive, low-THC, oilseed and fiber varieties of the Cannabis sativa plant. Hemp has absolutely no use as a recreational drug.
The Hemp Industries Association is the foremost North American trade group for hemp producers, manufacturers and entrepreneurs. We are at the forefront of the drive for fair and equal treatment of industrial hemp. Since 1992, the HIA has been dedicated to education, industry development, and the accelerated expansion of hemp world market supply and demand. The hemp industry has positioned itself over the past decade to once again become a major global economic force in the 21st century. Hemp is one of our planet’s most important natural resources, and we advocate using it to its full potential.
If you are currently involved in the hemp industry, thinking of starting a hemp business, or support hemp commerce, please consider becoming a member. Join us! Please click here for benefits, more information and an application.
Guest #2: Katie Moyer Arzamastseva, Kentucky For Hemp
Kentucky for Hemp is a grassroots-driven, no-compromise lobbying agency dedicated to restoring Kentucky historical position as the leader in hemp seed production worldwide.
Officially founded in 2013, Kentucky for Hemp is based on a philosophy of freedom which has prevailed throughout the history of mankind.
Our goal is to create a better business environment for hemp farmers, manufacturers, and researchers by fighting to pass legislation that will make hemp more accessible, while educating the next generation of farmers about their role in defending the future of industrial hemp.
H.E.M.P. as in Help, Educate, Market, Promote!
Help farmers, educators, and agencies. Help by giving them the tools needed to forge their own paths in the hemp industry. We work with groups like the KY Department of Agriculture, the KY Hemp-Grower’s Cooperative, and KY Hemp Industries and help them develop their networks. The goal is to take the hemp industry far beyond anything that one group could accomplish alone.
Educate and bring awareness to Kentucky youth. No matter what path we take, our future is bleak without the involvement of young people in agriculture. In today’s techno-centric world, farming and agriculture have become a quaint reminder of the way things used to be. Here in Kentucky, we have an opportunity to capitalize on this situation, and remedy the problem by educating a new generation of farmers about this versatile crop.
Market and support hemp businesses in any way possible. This includes free advertising, networking, and information relating to various hemp businesses around the globe. If you own a hemp business, and want more information on how we can help you, email us!
Promote pro-hemp businesses, organizations, and political figures in Kentucky and abroad. There are key individuals in the hemp movement who should be commended for their hard work and dedication to this cause. There are others who have worked tirelessly to delay, hijack, or destroy the hemp movement and our opportunity to be self-sufficient.
Our goal is to identify those individuals and help to ensure their future successes or failures. It will be important to judge these individuals based on their character as well as their Kentucky for Hemp surveys.
About Katie Moyer
A proponent of the Philosophy of Liberty, Katie has defended Kentuckians by protecting their rights to free speech, and is a strong believer in a small, limited government and sound money. Kentucky For Hemp is a coalition member of the conservative organization Take Back Kentucky.
- Hemp CJS Approp Fact Sheet
- Bonamici Admendment CJS
- Massie Admendment to CJS
- Hemp-friendly art comes to Beaverton with new HART Gallery | OregonLive.com http://ow.ly/xy12i
- Vocativ asked “Could the U.S. Become a Hemp Powerhouse?” “Yes” says Anndrea Hermann, President of The Hemp Industries Association pic.twitter.com/cxh4i83szY @vocativ http://voc.tv/U6NhNJ
- Bonamici hemp amendment to Commerce, Justice & Science appropriations bill passes 237-170! Massie amendment passes 246-163! Today was another big win for hemp policy. Thanks to everyone who wrote or made a call and to our many supporters in Congress.
- Hemp Bound – #Hempweek Book Club, feat. author Doug Fine | They have room for more virtual attendees. Sign-up here: http://ow.ly/xmM5O
- “Delawareans would be able to research the potential of industrial hemp for innovations such as plant-based cars if a new bill clears the legislature.” http://ow.ly/xwkpf
- Katie Moyer, Rachel McCubbin and Scotty Parsons planted hemp in Christian County Kentucky today! This is one of the authorized hemp pilot programs in Kentucky. Very exciting to see hemp crops in the ground this year thanks to the 2014 Farm Bill. #timetogrow #hemphistoryweek
- House Tells DEA To Leave State Hemp Programs Alone http://ow.ly/xsu50
- In case you missed it Thursday, here’s the video: Industrial Hemp Debate Massie Amendment http://ow.ly/xtjSO
- Industrial Hemp Debate Bonamici Amendment | Video | C-SPAN http://cs.pn/1oUyqju
- Here’s what all the fuss is about. We are very proud of US Rep Bonamici (D-OR) for sponsoring this wonderful amendment. Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98rRdsRD44&app=desktop
- A victim of war on drugs, hemp poised for Illinois comeback | Dailyherald.com http://ow.ly/xqW7T
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the hemp amendments to the CJS Appropriations Bill. Listen up, this is just for you: http://youtu.be/iPUmE-tne5U
- “Pending legislation would allow Washington State farmers to experiment with industrial hemp production. KING’s Alison Morrow reports.” | NBC News #Votehemp http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/could-hemp-be-washington-states-next-cash-crop-n116501
- Don’t just sit there, please take action! http://hemphistoryweek.com/takeaction
- Heavily stigmatized crop of hemp making comeback in the United States | Catholic Online http://bit.ly/T70qp9
- 30 Laws: State needs federal approval to move forward with industrial hemp | The Statehouse File http://bit.ly/1kgfImO
- Chocolate Hemp Shake | Oh, Almonds http://bit.ly/1hOg3rg
- Financial Impact of Kentucky Hemp Remains to be Seen | WKU Public Radio http://bit.ly/1knekxF
- The Dot Bong Bubble Part II: Kannaway – The Contract Conundrum | The Leaf Online http://bit.ly/1mUX3fgJeremy Daw is the editor of the Leaf, Professor of Economics at Oaksterdam University, a principal at ForteFive Consulting, a boutique San Francisco strategy consulting firm serving legal cannabis businesses nationwide, and a 2008 graduate of Harvard Law School.
- It’s official; prAna has been bought by Columbia Sportswear. http://bit.ly/1u35J68
- Get a Jump on Hemp History Week and Take Action Now! http://capwiz.com/votehemp/issues/alert/?alertid=62414501Stand up for future hemp farmers. Write your U.S. Senator today and be entered for a chance to win 1 of 30 hemptastic prizes! We need Congress to pass the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2013. Please ask your Senators to cosponsor S. 359 and hold Congressional hearings to bring hemp back to all U.S. farmers! Help us reach our goal of 5,000 letters to Senators by the end of Hemp History Week, (June 2-8).As a thank you for writing, you’ll be entered to win one of over 30 Hemp History Week hemp-and-organic cotton tote bags filled with these prizes: a Bringing It Home Movie DVD, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps Soaps products, Livity Rising eco-awesome accessories, and a pair of Satori Movement hemp socks
- Hemp Seed: Nutritional Value and Thoughts | The Nourishing Gourmet http://bit.ly/1nKtcHr
- We’re thrilled to say that with 209 Backers, we’re 102% funded in our Kickstarter campaign! Our campaign has been shared on Facebook 2,926 times, has been watched 3,500 times, and has been featured in over a dozen articles both nationally and internationally.Thank you to everyone who has contributed and gotten us to this point, words can’t express our appreciation! We need to keep the momentum moving forward and finish our campaign strong.We’ve been asked what will the ‘extra’ money over $25,000 go towards. While there is really no such thing as ‘extra,’ the additional funding will go towards supporting Hempitecture‘s Research & Development concepts. Our project at Idaho Basecamp is just one exciting facet of who we are. Our larger vision is to innovate hemp-based building materials here in the United States, for the United States. This will take place in conjunction with our design+build project at IBC and we have acquired a climate controlled space here in Ketchum to begin the intensive process of prototype development. Of course this whole process has a lot of costs, but we’re hoping our campaign will give us a leg up to really springboard development!45 Hours Remain!http://kck.st/1iQDzJ7