Guest #1: Ben Broz, Legislative Liaison of Vote Hemp
Vote Hemp is a national, single-issue, non-profit advocacy group founded in 2000 by members of the hemp industry to remove barriers to industrial hemp farming in the U.S. through education, legislation and advocacy. We work to build grassroots support for hemp through voter education, registration and mobilization, as well as defend against any new laws, regulations or policies that would prohibit or restrict hemp trade. Industrial hemp is the non-psychoactive, low-THC, oilseed and fiber varieties of the Cannabis sativa plant. Hemp has absolutely no use as a recreational drug.
Guest #2: Casper Leitch, Founder Time 4 Hemp Global Cannabis Network
Host of the Time 4 Hemp Live Show
Casper Leitch got involved in the Hemp Movement in 1990 and launched the cable television series ‘TIME 4 HEMP’ on January 5, 1991.
It was the first TV series in the history of broadcasting to focus strictly on the topic of cannabis, giving Casper the dubious honor of being The Father Of Marijuana Television.
He was a participant in the U.S. Government Funded ’UCLA Smoked Marijuana Study’ headed by Dr. Donald Tashkin and is the first person in the world to have filmed footage of themselves smoking legal marijuana in a Government funded lab.
- Today is LOBBY DAY! Make the most of it, make a call. It’s easy. Click here >>> http://capwiz.com/votehemp/home/
- The first legal industrial hemp planting in Kentucky since the 1940′s! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykFHyUkH1TE
- “David Leitch–a House Republican from Peoria–says there’s been enough communication about what hemp actually is to make lawmakers comfortable with the bill.” http://ow.ly/xiBZO
- “Nebraska’s legislation, passed with overwhelming support on a 39-2 vote…” However, no hemp to be grown this year. http://journalstar.com/business/agriculture/no-industrial-hemp-in-nebraska-this-year/article_958bfc56-f53d-5848-b402-5ceb1ba212b2.html
- “If it is found that industrial hemp is more environmentally friendly as a source of paper and textiles, its competitors in respective industries will have their hands full.” http://ow.ly/xiBFY
- Hemp for Victory. Remember when? Happy Memorial Day. #votehemp http://youtu.be/W0xHCkOnn-A
- Hempitecture is just one of many sustainability enterprises that will depend on the legalization of U.S. industrial hemp production. When you #Votehemp, you choose a better future. Consider helping this team reach their goal. #mustwatch #Payitforward
- Hemp History Week Book Club Event, live & online, feat. guest Hemp Bound author Doug Fine on June 4th 2-3PM EST. Register now – it’s free http://ow.ly/wZ93x
Check out this amazing, hemp wall. Isn’t it awesome?
Who’s ready for a Twitter Party featuring U.S. hemp farmer, Ryan Loflin of Colorado? Details here.Join our Twitter Party! Let’s get #Hempweek to trend on June 4 at 5PM PST / 8PM EST. Meet U.S.
#hempfarmer Ryan Loflin with
celebrity guests and win #hemp prizes!