Listen to iHR show archives at iHempRadio
iHempRadio supports Hemp History Week!
Reporting on the April 5th inaugural NoCo Hemp Expo -
Upcoming events June 7th – Hemp Seed Revival – Avogadro’s Number, Fort Collins – 2pm NoCoFacebook
The purpose of this (NoCo) event is to bring together like minded people, from consumers, business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs, artists, entertainers and authors, media entities, non-profit support organizations, and all around advocates for the movement of industrial hemp development in the USA. Read more about the event here and here
Our Mission Statement: EnviroTextiles LLC is committed to providing superior plant fiber textiles, leaving the smallest environmental footprint as possible, and ensuring that the local economy benefits from our business. Founded on the principles of environmental protection, fair trade, and corporate responsibility, we actively promote sustainability.
Envirotextiles in Glenwood Springs, CO, is a pioneer in the development of hemp and hemp blend textiles and are industry leaders in the efforts to improve corporate responsibility and transparency in manufacturing processes and labeling.
Now in its fifth year, Hemp History Week is a nation-wide education campaign and marketing program that seeks to renew strong support for hemp farming in the U.S. while raising awareness about the benefits of hemp products. The 5th Annual campaign will include grass-roots events across the country, nationwide retail promotions, and a national restaurant program.
What is Hemp History Week? The 5th Annual Hemp History Week: June 2-8, 2014 It’s Time to Grow Every day, more and more Americans discover the benefits of hemp. This ever-expanding market includes healthy food and body care products, as well as eco-friendly textiles, clothing, auto parts, and building materials. But despite hemp’s growing popularity, an outdated and misguided Federal policy – created in the 1930s – currently prevents U.S. farmers from growing this nutritious, versatile, and eco-friendly crop. It is time for Federal policy on industrial hemp to reflect today’s reality and ensure a better tomorrow for America’s families and farmers, the economy and our planet.
Evergreen Hemp Co. is a women-led organization dedicated to renewing hemp farming in Whatcom County, Washington and Washington State with a common goal of bringing industrial hemp back to America. In lieu of adequate state legislation, our immediate goals include public education, lobby organization and action, and policy reform.
We are working on a local, state and federal level to educate and implement common sense legislation. Our goal is to bring industrial hemp back in a mindful, diverse fashion to help improve the environment and economy.
We aim to provide Sustainable Hemp Strategies to Improve Your Environment.
Our long-range goals include establishing a diverse, cooperative hemp economy in Whatcom County which provides for:
1) ecological health, diversity, and abundance,
2) economic resilience, diversity and abundance,
3) job security, camaraderie and innovation
We are currently formalizing our association and look forward to organically forming partnerships with like-minded businesses, organizations and individuals.
Education, Environment and Economy. These all need healing and we at Evergreen Hemp Co have made it our mission to help in any way we can. From conception to implementation, EHCO is dedicated to providing sustainable hemp strategies to improve your environment and economy. Our goal is to provide educational tools, environmental solutions and profitable economic strategies for INDUSTRIAL HEMP in Washington State and beyond.
Whether you are a farmer, merchant, educator or investor, EHCO has the tools and experts you need to connect with in the field, market, classroom or boardroom.
Mother Nature and humanity has been deprived the most beneficial plant in the world. The United States is ready to have HEMP make a comeback. We believe that empowering people to be involved provides a foundation for human connection, health, sustainability and prosperity. Hemp evokes passion and compassion for our Mother and all her children.
Have we been an inspiration? Contact Evergreen Hemp Co today to be a part of the action.
- Healthy Eating: Amazing Diet, Health Benefits Of Hemp Seeds | Global Animal http://bit.ly/OdUx6s
- Industrial Hemp: A Win-Win For The Economy And The Environment | Forbes http://onforb.es/18vgru6
- Bringing It Home has won the Silver Tree Audience Choice Award at the inaugural Cape Town Eco Film Festival in South Africa! A total of 1167 votes were cast during the Festival and on scale of 1-5, BRINGING IT HOME achieved a near-perfect score of 4.9. Our immense gratitude for this honor.
- Bringing It Home Looking forward to hemping the Big Apple at NYC Green Festivals April 26-27, Pier 94 with Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps! Bringing It Home Movie shows 4/26, 4:30 with Director Linda Booker (below) at Home & Community Stage.
- Grain Free Hemp Seed Breakfast Cookies (with chia and coconut) | Thrive Style http://bit.ly/1qeqiKW
- FDA Nutrition Label Shift Expected to Face Pushback | Roll Call http://bit.ly/PGpPUJ
- Is Your Smoothie Bad For Your Health? Give Yours a Makeover | PARADE Magazine http://bit.ly/1mQDFSo
- Hemp rules leave growers high ‘n’ dry | Stock & Land http://bit.ly/PmYBmb
Bringing It Home Movie is featured at the 4th International Building Symposium this week! the first such event held in a building made from Hempcrete-The Catwise Centre in Wales. http://internationalhempbuilding.org/events/4th-international-hemp-building-symposium/
- What’s Up with the Multi Level Marketing of Hemp-Derived CBD? | Ladybud Magazine http://bit.ly/1hcm9pE
This is an important article that is a must read for anyone in the hemp industry. Also, please note that we delete all comments posted on our page which offer medicines and controlled substances. Repeatedly making these offers will get you permanently banned. Inside The Pot & Hemp Stock Bubble | Forbes http://onforb.es/1g1Ipw0
- EDITORIAL: Hemp could be serious cash crop for Hoosier state | The Times of Northwest Indiana http://bit.ly/1qWsPIm
- Let them eat hemp | The Sydney Morning Herald – smh.com.au http://bit.ly/1eDnxvO
- Ask a Stoner: Do hemp houseplants count as marijuana? | Denver Westword http://bit.ly/1el77xy
- Research is only the first step, just like they did in Canada two decades ago. Let’s finish this and pass S. 359 and H.R. 525 in Congress. It’s not enough to just click like; please like, share, and take action! http://votehemp.com/takeaction
- Good news for hemp in the Farm Bill. Universities in states with hemp legislation in place can now grow hemp for research purposes. One step closer for farmers! Get involved with the Hemp History Week campaign because we are bringing hemp back to U.S. farms! http://hemphistoryweek.com/events/get-involved/
- IT’S THOMAS JEFFERSON DAY: Here Are 19 Famous ‘Quotes’ That He Never Actually Said | The Seattle Post-Intelligencer http://bit.ly/1hyayjM Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp… (Quotation) | Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello http://bit.ly/1klHHzU “Status: This statement has not been found in any of the writings of Thomas Jefferson. It appears to be of extremely recent vintage, and does not appear in any secondary print sources available online. Thomas Jefferson did grow hemp, but there is no evidence to suggest that Jefferson was a habitual smoker of hemp, tobacco, or any other substance.”
- Hawaii Senate Committee Appropriates Funds for Industrial Hemp Program | The Daily Chronic http://bit.ly/1em1j12
- Tennessee industrial hemp bill now awaits Governor’s signature | WJHL http://bit.ly/Q0v8yS
- Top 10 UK eco homes: Hemp Cottage in County Down, Northern Ireland | The Guardian http://bit.ly/1kBgNqb
- Industrial hemp acres on the rise, especially in southern Alberta | Alberta Farmer Express http://bit.ly/1sOa3Xd
Upwards of 100,000 acres will be grown in Canada this year, said Jan Slaski, a crop physiologist with Alberta Innovates Technology Futures in Vegreville.
- Hemp Building Materials | Global Hemp http://bit.ly/1kR2pWB Another great hemp story by Arthur Hanks.
- Industrial hemp ‘farmers talk’ Saturday in FM | Fort Morgan Times http://bit.ly/1etRdeQ
- Small seed remains large hurdle for legal hemp farming | The Denver Post http://bit.ly/1gbATTV
- REVIEW: Hemp Shield Wood Finish | Ladybud Magazine http://bit.ly/1qr5CO1
- The Satori Movement Spring / Summer 2014 collection looks great!
- Hemp: Thirteen producers hold twenty registrations after first month | Denver Westword http://bit.ly/1kvQ2PB
- Hemp-to-Biofuels Research Gets Green Light | Domestic Fuel http://bit.ly/1kjtFkK
- Hold the milk? There are so many options beyond dairy | Los Angeles Times http://lat.ms/1i92P7W
- The Hemp Industries Association (HIA) had a good crowd in Adams County Government, CO for the Hemp Farming Symposium last Thursday. Speakers included Kevin Greenwood of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods, Ron Carleton of Colorado Department of Agriculture, Kent Peppler of Rocky Mountain Farmers Union and Garry Meier of Hemp Genetics.
This is an historic hemp happening! Kentucky-grown hemp may be sold, Conway’s office says | Kentucky.com http://bit.ly/1dRw6Z3 The interest in agricultural hemp is growing! Hundreds of potential hemp growers have already inquired with the agriculture department in Kentucky. Farmers will start planting in early May. Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/04/03/3177250/kentucky-grown-hemp-can-be-sold.html?sp=%2F99%2F164%2F #hemp #bringhemphome
Bringing It Home Movie has extended their Spring Promotion! Organize a screening event in your town to celebrate Hemp History Week for a special price and HHW perks. Must PURCHASE by APRIL 22nd. Learn more/Sign up/Buy at http://hemphistoryweek.com/events/bringing-it-home/