iHempRadio on the Time 4 Hemp network
Feb 11th 2014 Show Archive: Listen here!
Guest #1 Tom Murphy, Vote Hemp’s National Outreach Coordinator, Newsletter Editor at Hemp Industries Association & The Hemp Report
Twitter: @thehia, @votehemp, @hempreport
Tom began in the hemp industry as an owner and webmaster for IndustrialHemp.net in 1999. He was invited to join The Hemp Report as a partner and webmaster in 2001. Tom was was elected to the Board of Directors of Vote Hemp in 2003 and also serves
as their National Outreach Coordinator. He also serves a spokesperson for the HIA, and is on the HIA conference staff, and is a Past Secretary of the association. Tom does web updates, media outreach, social media, lobbying, legislative research and analysis, and many other jobs for Vote Hemp, the HIA, and Hemp History Week. In 2009 he was instrumental in getting a Maine hemp farming bill introduced, presenting testimony to a legislative committee, and answering questions about the issue during a committee work hearing. This bill was passed by both the House and Senate and was signed into law. Tom is a recipient of a Vote Hemp lifetime hemp achievement award. He also was awarded a Certification of Completion for the University of Maine Hutchinson Center’s Nonprofit Certificate Management program. Tom lives on the coast of Maine with his wife and three sons, is a Teamster who works for UPS part-time, serves on a town Planning Board, manages a small consulting firm, and loves to cook & bake in his spare time.
Guest #2: Derek Kesek, CEO & Co-Founder HempPlus
Website URL: www.HempPlus.ca (Launching 2014)
Twitter: @HempPlus or Facebook
Hemp+ is company fully created on an Industrial Hemp Platform! We do business to support the movement of Industrial Hemp as well supporting the bettering of the planet.
Hemp+ mission is to organize the world’s higher vibrational information on a Hemp Platform while promoting Health, Nutrition, Mind, Body, and Spirit, Eco and Sustainable information and companies and or products and making them universally accessible to the public. Hemp+ is widely recognized as the “World’s first and best search engine built on Hemp Platform, providing fast and accurate services that are easy to use. The company also serves corporate clients, including advertisers, content publishers and site managers with cost-effective advertising and a wide range of revenue generating search services. Hemp+ breakthrough technology and continued innovation serve the company’s mission of “Organizing the world’s Higher Vibrational information on Hemp platform and making it universally accessible and useful to the public.”
- Go to https://squareup.com/market/livity-rising and use the Promo Code iHemp and get a 14% (in honor of 2014) discount for all iHempRadio hemp loving amigos!
- BREAKING! President Obama Signs Farm Bill with Amendment to Allow Industrial Hemp Research: State Hemp Research Pilot Programs to become First Step in Restoring American Hemp Agriculture and Manufacturing Industries. Read more here: http://www.votehemp.com/PR/2014-02-07-vh_farm_bill_signed.html #bringhemphome #hemp #FarmBill Vote Hemp — at Nutiva.
- Hemp Shows Promise As Cooking Oil | Nature World News http://bit.ly/1aOzSkb
- Hempseed oil may be ‘packed’ with health-promoting compounds, finds new analysis | NutraIngredients http://bit.ly/1e9ym6Q
- Here’s a nice hemp satin corset from Conscious Clothing! Almost Valentines day! Hemp satin corset, size 6/7 , $85.
- Hemp Fiber for Food Packaging | Global Hemp http://bit.ly/1l7GKu9
- Would you grow hemp? | Farm Press Blog http://bit.ly/1b3geBp
- Hemp: Colorado universities can now legally grow the crop for research — but will they? | Denver Westword http://bit.ly/1eKxpIG
- Hemp on The Conversation on Hawaii Public Radio today in 20 minutes! Vincent Mina with Beth Ann Kozlovich this morning at 8:00 AM HST talking about SB2175, the Industrial Hemp Bill, and what it means for Hawaii. Listen live at http://hpr2.org/programs/conversation
- Farm bill could pave the way for billion-dollar hemp industry | Kitsap Peninsula Business Journal http://bit.ly/1bDKuNW
- The new Hemp Oil Canada Inc. production facility, coming fall 2014! Learn more here: http://www.hempoilcan.com/hemp-oil-canada-constructing-new-facility-in-2014/
- Senate committee OK with study of hemp industry | The Columbian http://bit.ly/1f70Uzb
- CU-Boulder prof pursues deepest-ever exploration of the cannabis genome | Daily Camera http://bit.ly/1iKZ62x
- Political Notebook: Haslam is undecided on hemp production | The Tennessean | Tennessean.com
- HEMP AIDE CONCERT TICKET GIVE-A-WAY CONTEST! Here are the 3 steps to enter: 1st – write to your Senators
about S.359, the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, on Vote Hemp’s take action page here: http://votehemp.com/takeaction 2nd – then on the confirmation page click “Post This to Facebook” to ask your friends to take action for hemp on your own personal page. 3rd – finally post the comment “I just wrote my Senators about hemp!” below the original Kris Kristofferson Hemp Aide Concert poster picture post on the Hemp History Week page here:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=656687991036869 5 lucky people will be gifted a pair of concert tickets! Hemp Aide is for all ages and will include hemp product samples from top sponsors Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps and Nutiva, plus hands-on hemp exhibits. Please mark your calendars for HEMP AIDE on February 22nd in Sacramento with 3 time Grammy Award winner and recent Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award honoree, Kris Kristofferson along with poet-musician and co-founder of Hempstead Project Heart John Trudell.