Three-Time Grammy Award Winner and movie star Kris Kristofferson will perform a concert for Hemp Aid with the California
State Grange on February 22 at the beautiful Crest Theatre at 1013 K Street, Sacramento. Poet/songwriter John Trudell and Bad Dog will open the show at 8:00pm. The concert is being produced by the California State Grange and Hempstead Project Heart to raise awareness of the benefits of industrial hemp. For more information on industrial hemp, go to Industrial Hemp. The concert will support the California State Grange’s efforts. Advanced tickets will be on sale for Grange Members Only December 20 – January 3. Specially priced tickets are $40 and will be available at www.tickets.com.
Tickets go on sale to the general public January 7. Kris Kristofferson is a singer, songwriter, musician, and film actor. He is known for such hits as “Me and Bobby McGee”, “For the Good Times”, “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down”, and “Help Me Make It Through the Night”. In 2004, Kristofferson was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Grange President Bob McFarland called Kris Kristofferson an American icon. “The Grange is so honored and fortunate to have Kris recognize and support us. It’s going to be an incredible night.” For more information, phone (916) 454-5805.
Guest #2: Patrique & Xavier Veille, Founders American Hemp LLC
Twitter: @AmericanHemp Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/americanhemp
American Hemp LLC seeks to grow the industrial hemp industry and, since barriers have not yet dissolved in NC or the US, are establishing a global supply chain that involves other countries. American Hemp offers raw hemp material that is separated and converted into long hemp bast fibers, short fibers, hurd (core), and dust (fine) that are ready to be purchased by manufacturers. Hemp fine is the dust particles that arise from the separation of the fiber from the hurd. This fine is available for purchase as an alternative, clean burning energy. Imagine using products and materials that are created through the annual cultivation of industrial hemp. A brief example of this crop’s usefulness is its ability to create a residential and commercial construction material called hempcrete. This healthy home material has better insulation properties, is mold resistant, looks like stucco, and overall, outperforms current construction materials. We envision an increase in manufacturers that use hemp, the creation of a new commodity trade, and economic humanitarian missions. Call or email us today if you need bast fibre for textiles or composites, core (hurd) for animal bedding (equine i.e. horse, poultry, guinea pig, rabbit, etc.) or building materials (hempcrete, fiberboard, insulation), or fine as burnable logs. American Hemp LLC is currently licensed as a North Carolina limited liability industrial hemp processing company aimed at growing the industry internationally and helping pass US legislation on industrial hemp to allow farmers to cultivate it. American Hemp sees the potential economy the United States has once again as a hemp producing nation, due to its rich farmland. Upon the passing of legislation, American farmers will have a new unsubsidized, profitable crop to grow. Businesses searching for cost-efficient solutions will have the material to move forward. Because of the plethora of industries hemp can accommodate, there will be a surge of new jobs and technologies created by the utilization of this crop, and the revitalization of the US and global economy. American Hemp is dedicated to realizing the vision of a society that readily uses natural, efficient crops to reinvigorate rural communities and localize manufacturing once more. Contact us today if you want to know more about what it takes to: Grow hemp, Plan a manufacturing operation, Educate a group of students, Market natural fibres, Trade internationally
Guest #3 :David Piller, Founder
I’m dedicated to helping maximize hemp’s potential to heal our ecosystems and contribute to building a green economy. The first steps toward this goal have involved educating myself and gaining first hand experiences, so that I can further my own understanding and in turn, educate others. My goal is to help build coalitions to stimulate the national hempversation and demonstrate the broad grassroots public support that exists for progressive policies related to reintroducing hemp to the USA with an eye towards stimulating the economies of Native Reservations and rural America.
News via HIA, Vote Hemp and Other new outlets!
- The International Hemp Building Association‘s 4th International Hemp Building Symposium will be held on April 9-10, 2014 at the Catwise Centre in Machynlleth, Powys, Wales, UK. The Symposium will feature presentations from international leading experts and builders; Steve Allin, Monika Brummer, Ian Pritchett, Ranyl Rhydwen, Paolo Ronchetti and others and will include a screening of the hemp documentary Bringing It Home Movie. More information at https://www.facebook.com/events/166648463533393/ and make your reservation for the event at http://internationalhempbuilding.org/event
- Three-Time Grammy Award Winner and movie star Kris Kristofferson will perform a concert for Hemp Aide with the California State Grange on February 22 at The Crest Theatre at 1013 K Street, Sacramento. Poet/songwriter John Trudell and Bad Dog will open the show at 8:00pm. http://www.californiagrange.org/news/kristofferson.html
- It’s almost the new year and hemp supporters nationwide are gearing up for the 5th annual Hemp History Week, June 2-8, 2014. Be sure to join their mailing list for updates on opportunities to get involved year-round. It’s Time to Grow with Hemp History Week 2014!http://bit.ly/HHW_Newsletter
- State Representative Jeremy Faison Files Pro-Hemp, Pro-Jobs Legislation | The Jefferson County Posthttp://bit.ly/KOh48t
- HIA has updated the Events page to include the second half of 2014. Please let us know if there are any events that you are exhibiting at, attending, or otherwise think we are missing. http://thehia.org/events
- Hemp – the energy and industrial crop of the future? – Comment – The Ecologist – Official Pagehttp://bit.ly/1lJLpAR
- Reed Buys Capsule | California Apparel Newshttp://bit.ly/1dqU9Y
- Oh, Happy Day!! Bringing It Home Movie just won the Jury Award at the Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival! We’re honored our doc film Bringing It Home Movie brought home the Jury Award at Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival in the company of winners GASLAND Part II (Best of Festival) and Xmas Without China (People’s Choice Award
- New Jersey Legislature Passes Hemp Bill | The Daily Chronic http://bit.ly/L8yLjZ Good news out of The Garden State! The NJ Senate just voted unanimously to establish an industrial hemp license! Now onto the Assembly, who should be voting on it in the next couple hours to send it to Governor’s desk.
- Same Superfoods, New Super Look: The Story of a Re-brand by Megan Hunt on December 31, 2013 in Nutiva News Our superfoods are nourishing and healing, energizing and wholesome. They are foods that help you thrive. We felt it was time to change our outsides to better match our insides. It’s been almost 15 years since we’ve had a packaging update! You know what was popular 15 years ago? Austin Powers, Pokemon, the Backstreet Boys. Organic foods were on the rise, but not as ever present as they are now. People were just starting to talk about genetic modification of foods. We wanted our updated look to feel fresh, healthy and vital. We haven’t changed a thing about what’s inside the packaging! We’re as healthy and wholesome and natural as ever. We’re still organic, Non-GMO and committed to sustainability. Without further ado, here’s a look at the new look. http://nutiva.com/articles/same-superfoods-new-super-look-the-story-of-a-re-brand
- Have you used our NATERAHOLIDAY promo code for 20% off? You have till January 15 — http://bit.ly/IIfKT
- May 21 – 22, 2014 11th EIHA Conference Rheinforum – Wesseling, Germany Leaflet of the Conference (PDF) http://www.eiha-conference.org
- A milestone moment for our GORP…Grant and I spent the evening packing up our first ever national pallet shipment heading out to MEC tomorrow! I may have overdone it with the plastic wrap…but she’ll make it to the coast safe and sound:) Feeling immensely blessed to be able to chase our dream…who would’ve guessed we’d ever be shipping pallets of GORP??!!?! https://www.facebook.com/GORPbar
- China’s military is using industrial hemp fabric for uniforms to fight staph infection. Other tests show hemp fabrics superior resistance to UV and infrared wavelengths, providing multiple applications for military use. PRWeb | http://bit.ly/1b10oBi
- State Senator Richard Young Jr. has filed S.B. 357 that authorizes the department of agriculture to license the cultivation and production of industrial hemp in Indiana.